International Game Developers Association
The project is under development on an ad hoc basis, and obviously requires input from the people involved in the IGDA's history rather then the maintainers of the pages themselves.
All help no matter how big or small is appreciated from any members. During this initial stage you can contact Andrew Armstrong if you do not want to edit any pages directly. Information the project is collecting is below. This will be publicised more when the structure is put up in more detail and initial information is found and recorded.
Currently the IGDA's history is mainly kept between members - the IGDA's own history page gives only brief outlines - and the purpose of this project is to hopefully document the organisation, what it does and how it changes over time. This especially helps acknowledge past work, people and events related to the organisation so they are not lost and to allow interested members to find more about the history of the organisation in the future.
Proposed pages for these elements:
- IGDA History/Timeline - Timeline of events from CGDA creation to present day.
- IGDA History/Year XXXX - Events during year XXXX, new one created every January 1st.
- IGDA History/Interviews - Interviews with past members (of the board, of groups, of SIG's, of chapters).
- IGDA History/Events/XXXX - Specific events if they need detailing (similar to the news function on the site, or links on the right hand bar of the site to event reports)
- IGDA History/Info/XXXX - Information on a specific SIG/Chapter/organisational section of the IGDA, especially on its creation and purpose and what it's work on/it's past members.
All pages will include media - pictures, audio and video, and files related to the relevant parts. These are difficult to find, and so would be especially useful. If required a separate gallery might have to be setup in the future.
Temp: IGDA Executive Director 2009
See this page for the job description: IGDA Executive Director 2009.