International Game Developers Association
The Memorials project is undertaken by members of the IGDA's Game Preservation SIG to document obituaries and provide a space for memorials of past developers, players and other figures important to the industry.
Work is being undertaken to add all known memorial subjects to the project, if any are missing please contact the project at memorials - at - igda.org. You can also provide a complete memorial entry yourself, instead of letting the team investigate it.
The scope of the project is subject to the current Memorials Project team. To see who is most likely to have a memorial, see the Guidelines. The current team consists of:
- Devin Monnens (Lead)
- Andrew Armstrong
- Henry Lowood
Currently, if you wish to contact the project team for any reason, please contact Devin Monnens at memorials - at - igda.org
Recently Added Memorials
- Jack Tramiel (d 2012-04-08)
- Gerald A. Lawson (d 2011-04-09)
- Tomi Pierce (d 2010)
- Heather Thompson (d 2011-02-02)
- Brigitte Burdine (d 2010-12-29)
- Brian Wood (d 2010-09-03)
- Robert Holdstock (d 2009-11-29)
- Leland P. Cook Jr. (d 2009-11-06)
- Don Ivan Punchatz (d 2009-10-22)
- Armin Gessert (d 2009-11-08)
- Scott Heckenlively (d 2009-06-26)
Here you can view an alphabetical list of memorials of all people the project has worked on.
See the Guidelines page which contains whitepaper material on what kind of memorials the project will be working on, which is currently subject to change.