International Game Developers Association
|David Lance Arneson|
| b. October 1, 1947
d. April 7, 2009
Dave Arneson, D&D co-creator, game developer and computer game design Professor at Full Sail, died of cancer peacefully on April 7th, 2009.
- Shortly after 11pm on Tuesday, April 7th, Dave Arneson passed away. He was comfortable and with family at the time and his passing was peaceful.
- The Arneson family would like to thank everyone for their support over the last few days, and for the support the entire community has shown Dave over the years.
- We are in the process of making final arrangements and will provide additional details as we work them out. We will continue to receive cards and letters in Dave's honor. We are planning to hold a public visitation so that anyone wishing to say their goodbye in person has the opportunity to do so.
- Cards and letters can continue to be sent:
- Dave Arneson
- 1043 Grand Avenue
- Box #257
- St. Paul, MN
- Visitation will be on April 20th
- Time: yet to be determined
- Bradshaw Funeral Home
- 687 Snelling Avenue South
- St. Paul, MN 55105
To be completed later, see links for external resource obituaries
- Dungeons and Dragons, 1974
- Various Blackmoor published games
- Professor at Full Sail University, Florida, teaching computer documentation
- Email of information
- Ars Technica news item/obituary
- Mike Stackpole - "Dave Arneson: a memorial"
- Gamasutra news item
- Shacknews news item
- Twin Cities obituary story
- New York Times obituary
- 2004 Interview with Dave Arneson Posted Posthumously at Gamasutra