Programming and Technology/Game Programming Patterns for Beginners
International Game Developers Association
As game programming is truly a symposium of other areas of programming, you'll find that most of these patterns are used quite often outside of the game industry. This is just a selection of patterns which solves many of the challenges of game programming.
This should be filled with a description about Coupling, Stability, and Orthogonality. Why engineering is important, and what patterns hope to accomplish.
- The Singleton Pattern - A structure for a unique object or sub-system in the game.
- The Factory Pattern
- Sub-Systems - A logical way to separate different systems in a game engine
- Dealing With Heterogeneous Data Types
- The Resource Manager
- The Game Loop - The core of all games.
- Frame Rate Independence - How to make sure your game always moves at the same speed.