International Game Developers Association
Speakers Bureau Taskforce
Call for Participation
Thank you for your interest in helping to make the Game Industry Speakers Bureau a reality.
Our audacious goal is to have the Speakers Bureau fully-operational and in-use by GDC 2008.
That means website and database built and large numbers of the game community registered. It means communities informed and tapping our industry to excite young people and other groups about learning through game development.
Taskforce & Teams
We've established a Core Taskforce and 6 Teams to accomplish our goal. Please let us know where your interest lies.
- Community and Speaker Experience â€“ Rules, Policies, Processes
- Technical â€“ Designing the Website, Interface, Usability, Database
- Speaker and Education Support â€“ Determining/developing the website educational content and downloadable lesson plans for use pre/during/post speaking engagements
- Development and Games Industry Outreach â€“ Getting our community informed, committed, and signed-up
- Community and Public Outreach â€“ Getting communities, schools, groups informed, committed and accessing the resource
- PR/Communications â€“ Driving awareness through media and PSA placement
We see the process as follows but the Teams will determine how to best design their efforts:
UPDATED CALENDER (9-10-07)
- End of October â€“ site ready
- Mid October â€“ soft launch to industry
- November â€“ public launch
Each Team will select a member to represent the team on the Core Taskforce which serves as a hub to integrate all efforts. This person should have the bandwidth to serve on two teams.
Also, if you only have time to be a speaker, let us know and we will reach back out to you when the website is ready for your registration.
Email your interest to "speakoutforgames -at- igda -dot- org".
- Article: "Speaking Out For Games" by Nichol Bradford
- Interview: Nichol Bradford's post-GDC interview at Joystiq
- Action: "One Game Designer's Response to Nicole Bradford's 2007 Rant"
Taskforce Sub Teams
Following are the list of sub teams involved in the initiative. Click on each to visit their specific sections (ie, team members, meetings agendas/notes, etc).
- Executive Committee
- Community and Speaker Experience
- Speaker and Education Support
- Games Industry Outreach
- Community and Public Outreach
- PR Communications
The Speakers Bureau Taskforce can be reached via "speakoutforgames -at- igda -dot- org".
Additionally, the Taskforce maintains a mailing list for team discussion and work.