Talk:Special interest group
International Game Developers Association
Why are we telling people to use substitution of the template instead of regular inclusion? Substitution means that the list of SIGs will never automatically update when a new SIG is added. This seems to just add unnecessary work that will need to be done (namely, going to each SIG page and re-substituting the template) --DarrenTorpey 16:56, 3 Oct 2006 (EDT)
Standardising the SIG names
There is a lot of discrepancy between the main sources of information on SIG's.
Sources of information:
- IGDA SIG page (22 SIG's)
- Special interest group list (20 SIG's)
- Template:SIG Listbox (20 SIG's)
- Category:Special Interest Groups (19 SIG's)
- Template:Core:mCSIG (20 SIG's)
These are some things that need clearing up if possible:
- Do we use the, the page name on the website, or listbox names? This is the most confusing point between all sources! None of the sources are definite, with the "Writers SIG" now redirecting to the "Game Writers SIG" but not being changed anywhere else, and many other things.
Anyone got any ideas? - Andrew 15:19, 10 July 2007 (EDT)
- I updated the pages and numbers here. Only 2 more SIGs remain to be included in the wiki that are on the website (diversity, lgbt). I left them out in the wiki until someone creates their pages. I don't know how to update the "category:special interests group" page so it is still at 19. - Srsigda 11:07, 9 December 2008 (EST)